These are the 26 best chrome extensions for every SEO guy.
1. SEO Info
SEOInfo automatically alerts you as you navigate your website of SEO-related errors. For instance: invalid canonical, hreflang, AMP version, structured data. At the click of a button, all SEO and performance information and graphs about the current page are displayed. Includes SEO checks and AMP validation inside the extension. This information can be saved with a single click to another tab for printing or saving to file.
SEOInfo is available in English, Spanish and French – partial Russian translation.
Automated checks and validation:
– Web Vitals scores with icon alerts when out of bound
– Structured data full validation (json+ld and microdata). Icon alert in case of error/warning. Full report equivalent to that on Google online structured data tool.
– Canonical: is the canonical link valid? ie not an error, not blocked by robots.txt or a redirect loop
– AMP pages: full validation. Errors and warnings are displayed in the extension (AMP-related features are not available on Firefox)
– HrefLang: full validation: multiple entries, blocking by meta or robots.txt, reciprocal links, valid language, country and script variations codes. Loads all hreflang targets and run the same checks
– Assets: load status (OK, 404, 403, etc)
On demand checks and validation:
– Desktop and Mobile versions audit using Google Insight API
– Full analysis and scoring with errors and recommendation on Performance, Accessibility, Best Practices, SEO and Progressive Web App
– Page title, description, canonical
– Accurate Google search results preview with title truncating by pixel, breadcrumb and publication date representation based on JSON-LD structured data and favicon
– Check if page can be indexed, followed – applying robots.txt content
– Page is mobile-compatible
– Chain of server-side redirects to load the page
– Performance and resources sizes displayed in table and as graphs
– Service workers with status and manifest
– All links on page, with follow, no-follow, internal vs external, invalid, non-HTTP, etc
– All links can be validated for HTTP status and errors
– All links can be saved as Excel files with their HTTP status or redirects.
– AMP status: has an AMP version, is an AMP page?
– If a page as an AMP version, the AMP version is validated in the background so you do not need to visit it
– All HRefLang tags with validation results
– All server response headers
– Server IP and HTTP protocol version used
– All OGP and Twitter Cards tags
– All other meta tags and links tag
– All JSON-LD structured data tags
– List of all assets loaded, with error/success and from server/from cache status
– Assets list can be saved as Excel files with their HTTP status, size, timings, redirects.
– Entire report can be saved in a different tab with a single-click and then printed or saved to a file.
The extension icon changes to tell you if the current page is ok or has errors or warning. Clicking the extension icon provides you with all the details.
2. Free Backlink Checker by LRT
Analyze all links in seconds – advanced and fast export of link data.
This unique and free Backlink Checker allows you to check all backlinks on a page and see broken links and unverified links in categories no-follow links vs. follow links, internal links vs. external links.
An on-page link code browser lets you see the exact source code of any link on mouse over for quick spotting of issues.
Highlighting no-follows and links from own projects are supported as well as other power-user features.
All details at https://lrt.co/linkchecker/chromewebstore
* Live Links, Broken Links and Unverified Links
* No-Follow Links vs. Follow Links
* Own Network Links vs. External Links
* Source Code Browser on Mouse Over
* LRT Power*Trust for every link
* Live Filter Link Detail Table
* Built for professional SEO power-users
* Replaces all other link checker extensions
* “My domains” highlighting
* Blazzing fast link data export feature
* Ongoing development by LRT
3. Hreflang Tag Checker
The Hreflang Tag Checker is designed to automate the process of checking a site’s hreflang tag deployment. The tool takes a readout of a URL’s hreflang tags, and then crawls them to assess if they back reference your current URL.
This saves precious time when it comes to assessing a site’s language targeting and hreflang architecture, allowing you to get a fast and reliable impression of the status of a site’s optimisation for international organic search.
4. SEOStack Keyword Tool
FREE tool to find long tail keywords quickly and easily. Brought to you by SeoStack
Powerful keyword research tool to boost your seo and content marketing. This is fast and easy to use long tail keyword generator tool. It can generate 1000s of low competition, long tail keywords from multiple different search engines.
1. Get keyword suggestions from the following search engines
2. Export keywords to csv file.
3. Open tool in multiple tabs for easy use.
Writing Assistant Tool.
You don’t have to be an SEO Expert to write expert SEO content! Let TextOptimizer do it for you! Using the latest technology in Neural Networks and Semantic Analysis, anyone can write content-rich text and optimize their content for best search engine results.
TextOptimizer is a writing assistant tool which helps you write concise,
high-quality and targeted content that is rich for your readers and optimized
for search engines.
• TextOptimizer will analyse and evaluate your text on a scale of 0-100. You
can then use TextOptimizer to improve and enhance your text to make it
content-rich, substantive and optimized.
• Enrich Your Text: TextOptimizer will recommend keywords using which
you can make your text more aptly and ornately illustrate the content you
are describing. This will make your text more content-rich and targeted.
• Optimization: TextOptimizer will optimize your text so that your content
ranks higher in search engine results thus driving web traffic and activity
towards your content.
• Optimize for Google and Bing: Different search engines use different metrics to rank web pages. TextOptimizer gives you the option to optimize
your content for both Google and Bing.
• TextOptimizer’s Get Content Ideas feature enables you to write substantive, high-quality and targeted articles by showing you the most-talkedabout themes and questions on the internet about your topic.
You don’t need to be an SEO expert. TextOptimizer does it for you by using
the latest technology in Neural Networks and Semantic Analysis so that anyone
can write content-rich text and optimize their content for best search engine
For plugin support and details, visit our website: textoptimizer.com
6. Keyword Surfer
Keyword Surfer is the fastest way to reveal search data and perform keyword research in Google Search. It’s 100% free. Forever.
Once you type your target phrase and press enter, you’ll uncover search volumes, keywords suggestions, related terms, visibility metrics, and on-page data.
Based on that you can find the best keywords, determine their difficulty and plan your content. No need to purchase any expensive tools — Keyword Surfer
For every new search you conduct in Google, you’ll get invaluable data for content and SEO strategy:
– Search volume for your primary keyword
– Similar keywords with their volumes and similarity score
– Estimated traffic for a domain of each top-ranking page
– Related searches with their volumes
– Word count for top-ranking pages
– Number of exact keywords used on top-ranking pages
– Cost per click (CPC) for your primary keyword
For more information go to https://docs.surferseo.com/keyword-surfer-extension
7. SEO Search Simulator by Nightwatch
Simulate unbiased search engine queries from any location on Google and easily check your website or your competitor’s rankings.
Nightwatch search simulator simplifies work for any SEO professional who wants to use a simplified solution for rank tracking to check positions of websites in the SERP (search engine response pages).
8. SERPTrends SEO Extension
SEO Extension SERPTrends for Google Chrome is a lightweight SEO tool which shows dynamics for the search results within the search page: whether the website moved up, down in the SERP, just appeared (is “new”) or hasn’t changed its position. It also shows how many positions the website lost or raised compared to search you performed the previous day.
When you search Google, Yahoo! or Bing with SERPTrends turned on for the first time all positions are marked as new. The next day you will see dynamics for previously performed searches. This addon is useful for SEO & SEM specialists.
How to use:
After installation SERPTrends SEO Extension for Google Chrome is enabled by default and you will see colorized icon (red and green triangles) in the addon bar of your browser. Perform Google search to see position numbers and dynamics icons near each result in the SERP. For the first time all the positions for certain query is marked as new but the next day dynamics appears. Though addon was created primarily for SEO specialists, any other user can find it useful, since it adds numbers search results and shows which site moved up and is considered more relevant by search engine.
9. Link Redirect Trace
The all-in-one redirect path analyzer.
HTTP Headers, Rel-Canonicals, robots.txt, link power, trust and risk analyzed, too!
Perform advanced, comprehensive and most important correct analysis of links, redirects, and REL-canonicals. Use this extension for your SEO analysis, On page SEO, Off page SEO, competitor analysis and more.
See instantly if a hop if the page is blocked in robots.txt or X-Robots-Tags, has NOINDEX/NOFOLLOW tags on it or other technical issues like Bot-specific blocking. You can also see all cookies that are placed on each redirect hop. You can see the strength of each link and redirect page and analyze “LRT Power*Trust” (Power like Google PageRank and Trust like “Trust Rank” for each redirect hop.
Very soon you will be able to see the Link Detox Risk® for each hop in the redirect path, thus avoiding that you redirect a Google penalty to your site without knowing where it’s coming from.
This extension was built to replace all other “partial solution” extensions for redirects, canonicals, search engine indexation and HTTP header logging. Frankly each of those available did only a part (sometimes even wrong or incomplete), so we decided to build it right.
Having “LRT Link Redirect Trace” as an all-in-one solution to replace all other extensions means you get the full picture on every redirect. Test us in parallel to whatever you’re using and you’ll be surprised what you find, or better – what the existing extensions hid from you.
10. Google Lighthouse
Lighthouse is an open-source, automated tool for improving the performance, quality, and correctness of your web apps.
When auditing a page, Lighthouse runs a barrage of tests against the page, and then generates a report on how well the page did. From here you can use the failing tests as indicators on what you can do to improve your app.
* Quick-start guide on using Lighthouse:
11. AMP Validator
The AMP Validator will check the current page to see if it is an AMP page and then run it through the AMP validator and report if the page passes (green) or fails (red) via the extension icon.
If there are any warnings or errors it’ll list the number underneath the extension icon and clicking the icon will display the warnings and/or errors.
If the current page is not an AMP page and one is available via the extension icon turns blue and clicking it will load the AMP version of that page.
12. OpenLink Structured Data Sniffer
The OpenLink Structured Data Sniffer (OSDS) is a browser extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera (with builds planned for Apple Safari, and Microsoft Edge) that unveils metadata oriented structured data embedded within HTML documents.
At its core, every search engine optimization (SEO) effort requires agility in managing document metadata.
OSDS provides a productive way to check the impact of such document metadata on the results pages of various search engines.
13. User-Agent Switcher for Chrome
Spoofs & Mimics User-Agent strings.
Ever needed to quickly switch between user-agent strings on the fly? Developing a site that needs to work on both mobile browsers and desktop browsers? Sick of some archaic site blocking you because you’re not using Netscape 4?
The User-Agent Switcher for Chrome is the answer. With this extension, you can quickly and easily switch between user-agent strings. Also, you can set up specific URLs that you want to spoof every time.
14. The Tech SEO — Quick Click Website Audit
The Tech SEO’s Quick Click Website Audit extension is a mixture of audit tools that can help any internet marketer analyze either their own or a competitor’s web page. Simply, click the Tech SEO extension icon to drop down the list of tools while on the page you want to audit. Then click the tool’s link that you want to use to audit the page.
15. View Rendered Source
View source is dead. See how the browser renders a page, not just what the server sends.
There are 3 sections:
* Raw: The source code sent from the server to the browser before the DOM is rendered. The same as you’ll see with traditional ‘View Source’ in the browser (after minor formatting tweaks)
If you serve different source code to mobile devices, emulate this easily with a mobile user-agent checkbox.
Dynamic serving for Google?
(More info: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/guides/dynamic-rendering)
Lets you open, copy or bookmark multiple links at the same time.
Linkclump gives you the ability to drag a selection box around links using your mouse to quickly open as new tabs, open in new window, save as bookmarks, or copy to clipboard. Similar to Snap Links or Multi Links for Firefox.
– Action: choose to open links as new tabs, into a new window, copy to clipboard or saved to your bookmarks. You can setup multiple actions.
– Activation: choose how to activated the selection box using different mouse and key combinations (including shift/alt/ctrl).
– Smart Select: tries to select only the important links on the page. Turn off this option to open all selected links.
– Auto Scroll: the page will automatically scroll up/down to make it easier to select all the links at once.
– Filter Links: include/exclude links that contain certain words.
– Delay: set a delay between the opening/closing of each tab.
– OS Tested: works on windows, mac and linux operating systems.
17. NoFollow Simple
A lightweight extension that highlights nofollowed links on a page. Super useful for link prospecting.
See website traffic and key metrics for any website, including engagement rate, traffic ranking, keyword ranking and traffic source.
SimilarWeb extension provides you with the full breadth of SimilarWeb.com directly to your browser toolbar. In a single click, you can get in-depth traffic and engagement statistics for any website you browse.
The SimilarWeb Browser Extension provides you with all the information you could ever need regarding a website, all in one place. Want to see how popular a site is? What are the main traffic sources? The SimilarWeb browser extension provides users with all this information and much, much more!
You can find out how a specific website ranks globally, in a particular country and in its own category on the SimilarWeb Browser Extension. All the initial insights you could ever want in one click!
Visits Over Time
With the SimilarWeb Browser Extension, you can see the number of visits a website gets which is also broken down into detailed information regarding a website’s bounce rate, the number of pages visited per visit, monthly website visits and a user’s average visit duration.
Want to know where a website’s visits are coming from? SimilarWeb can help! At a glance, you can see the Top 5 Countries and the percentage of visits from each one. Want more than the Top 5 – the extension can provide that too!
Get an overview of the different kinds of sources that send traffic to a specific website. The SimilarWeb Browser Extension provides you with detailed insights regarding website traffic such as direct traffic, search, email, social, referrals, and display ads so you can get a better understanding of how traffic reaches a website.
Download the extension today for in-depth insights into every website!
19. Hunter (Freemium)
Find email addresses from anywhere on the web, with just one click.
With Hunter for Chrome, you can immediately find who to contact when you visit a website. Along with the email addresses, you can get the names, job titles, social networks and phone numbers. All the data has public sources detailed in the search results.
The Domain Search is the most powerful email-finding tool of its kind. Click the icon in Chrome to find all the email addresses related to the website you’re visiting. It includes the most common email pattern used, department filters and the public sources.
The email addresses are marked verified or returned with confidence scores. If an email address is not verified yet, you can do it by clicking the checkmark icon next to it.
If you already know the name the person you would like to contact, type it in the search field. The email address will be returned instantly along with a confidence score and sources.
Click the “+” next to a person to save this lead to a list. You can send email campaigns to your leads or synchronize them with Salesforce, HubSpot, Pipedrive, Zoho and more than a hundred other CRMs and applications.
Trusted by more than 2 million people
Hunter (formerly Email Hunter) is used by salespeople, marketers, recruiters, bloggers, reporters and plenty of professionals who need to reach out.
The extension requires an account you can create immediately after the installation. You’ll get 50 free searches/month and can upgrade your account for more.
20. Streak CRM for Gmail
Manage your CRM or any workflow directly within Gmail.
Stop switching back and forth between your inbox and other tools. Set up for you and your team a perfect process for numerous use-cases, including Sales, Partnerships, Support, Hiring, and more.
★ Trusted and loved by teams across every industry
– 750,000 users, 4.5 stars on Google Chrome Store
– Used by teams at a16z, Uber, KellerWilliams, WeWork, TechStars, Atlassian, Lyft, The Economist, Y-Combinator, and many more
★ Built into the tools you already use
Work where you already are — inside your inbox! Built directly inside of Gmail for desktop and mobile, with G-Suite integrations (Sheets, Chat, Drive and more) to help you access and gather your data quickly.
★ A hive-mind for your team
Easily collaborate and share emails, notes, call logs with your team so you can pick up where they left off. Access pipeline data alongside your emails and from your pocket so you always have the context you need.
★ Your pipeline on autopilot
Automatically capture data from the contacts and emails you send and receive in your pipelines. Get notified as leads progress through your pipeline and never forget to follow up with tasks and reminders.
★ Supercharge your inbox with email power tools
Manage your conversations at scale and eliminate repetitive emails using Snippets and Mail Merge. Schedule crucial emails for the appropriate time using Send Later, and know exactly when to follow up with Email Tracking. Keep conversations on point by separating email threads where conversations diverged using Thread Splitter.
★ We’ve got you covered
– Native Android and iOS apps
– Comprehensive integrations with GSuite, Zapier and APIs to connect to everything you need to
– Rigorous security and privacy; Streak is built in the same cloud as Gmail and G Suite
21. Ahrefs SEO Toolbar
SEO Toolbar by Ahrefs
Instant on-page SEO report, broken link checker, redirect tracer, and the most important SEO metrics for any webpage right in your web browser.
With SEO Toolbar by Ahrefs, you can get quick on-page SEO report for any page that you browse.
– Title and Description (and compares them in raw HTML and rendered versions);
– Canonical URL;
– Indexability and crawlability (Robots Meta Tag and X-Robots-Tag);
– Headers and sub-headers;
– Word count;
– Social tags (Open Graph Tags and Twitter Cards);
– Localisation (hreflang).
Broken link checker in Ahrefs’ SEO Toolbar can scan any web page for broken outgoing links (export available).
Redirect tracer allows you to test redirects and to track the full path of a redirect chain
The all-in-one SEO toolbar for research on the go.
MozBar gives you instant metrics while viewing any page or SERP.
-Create custom searches by engine, country, region, or city.
-Quickly assess the Page Authority and Domain Authority of any site or page.
-Access and compare link metrics across pages while viewing any SERP.
-Find and highlight keywords on a page and differentiate links by type: Followed, No-Followed, External, or Internal.
-Expose page elements, general attributes, markup, and HTTP status.
-Export your search engine results page (SERP) analysis details to a CSV file.
23. SEO Minion
This free SEO tool helps you with the following tasks –
(1) Analyze On-Page SEO – analyze the HTML of any webpage and view useful information that will help you optimize the On-Page SEO as well as alert you to any issues.
(2) Highlight All Links – quickly see all the links (internal & external) for any webpage
(3) Check Broken Links – check every link on a webpage and get a report of any links with issues
(4) Hreflang Checker – check hreflang tag validity, as well as whether there are return tags present
(5) SERP Preview – preview your website on a real Google search result and update this in real time
(6) Google search location simulator – view non-personalized google search results for one keyword on two different location/language combination.
(7) SERP Utilities – copy/download URLs & data from Google SERP – Organic, Advert, Local, Product, Video, Image, Fresh, News and FAQ listings
24. ObservePoint TagDebugger
Troubleshoot and audit analytics tags, variables and on-click events. Supports Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Ensighten and more
ObservePoint’s TagDebugger is a free Chrome Extension for troubleshooting analytics and marketing tags on your live website. TagDebugger captures page-load and event-triggered requests for marketing and analytics tags and parses them into a human-readable format, allowing for easy tag debugging.
TagDebugger is the first step towards comprehensive and efficient governance of your analytics and marketing tags. ObservePoint’s full suite of analytics testing and tag governance solutions can help you:
Scan batches of pages or sequences of actions to verify accurate data collection
Monitor your live implementation for errors in analytics tracking and variable formatting
Test analytics in development and staging environments before releasing into the wild
Receive notifications whenever your implementation fails expectations
Infinite scroll for Google search results and a lot of other improvements to your browser experience.
gInfinity extends your favorite search engine Google with infinite scroll. Scroll down to the bottom of the search result and the following 20 search results are automatically added to the search result.
Scraper gets data out of web pages and into spreadsheets.
Scraper is a very simple (but limited) data mining extension for facilitating online research when you need to get data into spreadsheet form quickly. It is intended as an easy-to-use tool for intermediate to advanced users who are comfortable with XPath.